Saturday, August 13, 2011

Kelly Tuthill - Business First of Louisville:

http://lakeshore-cycle.com/buying-a-mountain-bike.html
Tuthill, one of the area’s most well-knownj broadcast journalists, shared her story with WCVB-TVc Channel 5 viewers. She took them from the early days of her decisiom making about whatto do; through surgery, chemotherapyu and radiation treatment. Tuthill’s award-winning persona diary on TheBostonChannel.com is frank, poignant and has attractecd more than a milliom page views since its launch inJanuaruy 2007. She said she was unpreparedx for hercancer diagnosis. This is part of what she has “I was just sittingv on the table feelingvery vulnerable. I just wantefd my husband to come back. I told (the I needed a break for a andI ‘Blackberryed’ him.
He had gone to CVS to get cold medicind forthe baby. I said, ‘You really need to get back I’m starting to get scared.’ “We went into a room and they startecd to show me the picture s and show me what we now knew was anactuap tumor,” her diary “I don’t even know what the doctoer said. I have no idea what she said. She stopper me at cancer. Once she hit me with that, you don’tt even know what else they’re telling you. I honestlu felt like I was blind-sided and knockee to the ground.” But Tuthil l regrouped and threw her might into fightin g the disease while raising money and awarenesdabout cancer.
A year aftee her diagnosis andvarious treatments, her doctord assured her she has an excellent chance of beating the But as she puts it, “There are no guarantees. Cancee can and does return. And that’s where the anxiety of beinyg a survivor comesto play. ... It can be a strugglse to keep the dark thoughts at bay and focu s on movingbeyond cancer.”

No comments:

Post a Comment